Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Pleasure of Praising Amanda

My wife is away at our church's annual women's retreat. Though it's just two days, it seems like an eternity for a half-witted husband and five young children. We try to do some little thing for her while she's gone (this year I cleaned out the fridge and polished her stainless sink) in addition to making sure she comes home to a clean house. When we woke up this morning, I gave the kids a pep talk about serving Momma and they got fired up about serving her. When we were finished cleaning, I asked them all the things they love about Momma. Here it is in the order they thought of it:

1. She cooks
2. She's funny
3. She teaches us
4. She doesn't make me (Heidi) eat too much broccoli
5. She teaches us to play softball
6. She keeps us healthy
7. She buys us stuff
8. She's caring
9. She always puts us first
10. She loves God
11. She's godly
12. She's kind
13. She helps us grow in our knowledge of Christ
14. She cleans
15. She's smart
16. She's wise
17. She's loving
18. She's helpful
19. She's pretty
20. She's persistent
21. She's patient
22. She's consistent
23. She's comforting
24. She's hospitable
25. She's good
26. She disciplines us

To this list I'll add she is truly the sweetest, purest, strongest, hottest helper I could ever imagine. I honestly cannot think of a way to improve on her. Maybe I'm just biased.

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her (Proverbs 31:25-28).

No comments: